Monday, November 23, 2020

Just steps away

 I haven't done much writing, but I have finally finished going over the edit suggestions for the book I wrote last year. I have sent copies to some beta readers. I hope to hear back from them within a few weeks. After that I go over their suggestions, alter things to make more sense (if needed) and then it'll be time to start looking for publishers I want to submit my book to. I expect to be rejected before I get accepted. It'll hurt, but it will also give me a chance to grow as a writer.

As this isn't something I've done before I'm not even sure how to feel. There's no precedent in my life for this. I'm steps away from sending my work out. This is something I have worked towards my whole life. It has been a dream of mine since I was a child. I know that there's a chance that this book won't get published, that it'll be a later work that gets published first. But the mere fact that I'm almost to the point where I could potentially be a published author rather than an aspiring one... Being on the verge of a dream is such a strange feeling.

Books are something that have always been important to me. They are something that have always been a part of my life. I asked my parents when I learned my alphabet (as I have no memory of the event). My mother (who would have been the one to teach me) couldn't tell me. She didn't know. She said this instead "it was like you always knew how to read." I actually had trouble when I was eight as my teacher thought I couldn't read. The problem wasn't my ability to read, but how boring the material was. I'd get so bored I'd zone out, unable to pay attention. This made my teacher believe that I couldn't read, when in reality I was reading the book she was reading out loud to the class on my own.

I was later home schooled and was grounded from reading until I finished my science and math. I'd pick up a chapter book and be transported for hours on end. I started writing short stories, and finished my first draft of a rather long short story (not sure where exactly it fits as it was ten chapters) at age ten. I continued to write. A lot of the time the stories weren't ever finished as I'd jump from idea to idea. There were also spans of time where I didn't write anything at all. The largest of which was two years (age 18-20) as I struggled with my mental health.

I only started writing again at 20 when I read Mercedes Lackey's books for the first time (I still haven't read them all). In her Arrows trilogy (the copy where the three are combined into one book) she mentioned her own struggles with publishing. She was in her thirties before she published. I was only twenty at the time and suddenly felt like I still had time to achieve my life dream. Since I was extremely depressed and battling anxiety, panic attacks, and PTSD triggers, this was a huge step.

Now here I am years later. Not only have I finished two first drafts (only 3% of writers finish a first draft), I've edited one and have sent it off to beta readers. This is something that at multiple times in my life I thought was impossible. Never give up on your dreams. They are something that won't come easily, but are always worth fighting for. Some times what you are fighting is yourself.

❥Stay safe

10 comments:

  1. During the SpyHunter Crack installation, it does not allow any external app to install on your PC. The graphical user interface (GUI) of this application is straightforward and easy to use. This application also provides an option of real-time scan that helps you to protect your browser from malicious sites. You can scan any file manually because the custom scan is also made available for users. It also gives us the office to settle a wide range of an issue on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDM 6.38 Build 16 Crack With Serial Key Full Download [Latest]
    IDM 6.38 Build 16 Crack is available. You can download the crack version without any risk of virus. This crack of IDM is monitoring on the daily basis and tested ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Sharing such an amazing article. Keep working... Your Site is very nice, and it's very helping us.. this post is unique and interesting, thank you for sharing this awesome information

    BC Sakhi Yojana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's possible that your blog may be linked from myspace?
    Many individuals, in my opinion, would enjoy your writing.
    Let me know what you discover. Your warm sentiments mean a lot to me, so thank you.
    matlab activation key
    ashampoo antivirus crack
    parallels desktop activation key

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please consider including a contribution button on your website. Thanks in advance! Yes, you can definitely say that.
    Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for your assistance!
    Your RSS feed will be added and saved in my Google Reader as a temporary solution.
    account.
    It is with great anticipation that I look forward to the new offerings in the coming months.
    I'm going to share this blog article with the members of my Facebook group so they may get some value out of it.
    Let me know when you may expect a response!
    ultimate multi tool qcfire crack
    coreldraw graphics suite x3 crack
    internet download manager crack




    ReplyDelete
  6. Your website is fantastic. The colors and theme are fantastic.
    Are you the one who created this website? Please respond as soon as possible because I'd like to start working on my project.
    I'm starting my blog and I'm curious as to where you got this from or what theme you're using.
    Thank you very much!
    auslogics disk defrag ultimate crack
    clonedvd ultimate crack
    mirillis splash crack
    scriptcase crack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Create message. Keep posting this kind of information on your blog.
    I am very impressed with your site.
    Hi, you've done a great job. I will dig in and personally recommend it to my friends.
    I am sure they will find this site useful.
    apoweredit pro crack
    iexplorer crack
    youtube movie maker crack
    iskysoft pdf editor crack

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good blog to read and to enjoy!
    Phrases are my favorite.
    I will bookmark your site and continue to explore new data.
    du meter crack
    driver booster Crack
    panda antivirus crack
    ummy video downloader crack

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me. this blog has detailed information, its much more to learn from your blog post.I would like to thank you for the effort you put into writing this page.
    I also hope that you will be able to check the same high-quality content later.Good work with the hard work you have done I appreciate your work thanks for sharing it. It Is very Wounder Full Post.This article is very helpful, I wondered about this amazing article.. This is very informative.
    “you are doing a great job, and give us up to dated information”.
    gom-player-plus-license-key/
    adobe-photoshop-cc-download/
    advanced-installer-architect-crack/
    corel-videostudio-ultimate-crack/
    glasswire-elite-crack/

    ReplyDelete