Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Changes caused by Covid19

I'm trying to use the extra time available to write. Hence the short story yesterday, and updating on what I'm writing. I still have school through online classes so unfortunately I can't just write whenever. I did more writing today, along with some plot organization.

I'm not what you'd call a "Gardener" writer. I'm an "Architect" writer, which means I like to have things planned out and laid out. A "Gardener" writer just starts writing. Both ways are effective, it just depends on what works for you. I prefer to have everything planned out. (The terms "Gardener" and "Architect" writer are from Brandon Sanderson).

My life is a little chaotic due to everything being shut down. My way to get myself out of the house and keep from going stir-crazy was by going to school. So I have more time to write, but I'm more restless. It makes for an interesting combination.

I'm only on chapter two in my writing, but I have my plot points laid out till chapter nine. Each chapter is at least 2,500 words. We'll see what my word count ends up being when I get to chapter twenty (the minimum required with the word count). I'll try to keep you all updated on my progress.

Current word count: 5,358

No comments:

Post a Comment