Friday, May 22, 2020

Chapter 13 update, COVID-19's affect on me

Earlier this week I wrote Chapter 13 (2,536 words). I've rearranged what I want to happen in Chapter 14, I'd have started writing it but my depression has made it impossible to write certain scenes. My emotions alter the scenes I write. So it's no use writing a happy scene if you're in a state of depression. There will be tones other than happy in the chapter, but the scene I wanted to start with is happy.

I've noticed that COVID-19 has made my emotions more volatile than they normally would be this time of year. The amount of time on my hands allows me to write more, but the rest of it increases my anxiety and depression. I'm doing what I can to cope, writing normally helps. Hope people are staying safe.

I'm going to start Chapter 14 today, if I finish it I'll hopefully write another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment