Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Crossed the 40,000 word mark!

I crossed the 40,000 word mark! so excited. It means I'm 2/3 of the way to my goal word count. Currently sitting at 41,877 words total. I also finished chapter 15 which has a total of 2,685 words. Wrote 1,470 of those words today.

I also added something new to the book. I went through and added excerpts from a book in the world that my book takes place in. I hope to actually write the full book at some point, it's a journal from someone long since dead. It'd just be cool to have and then I can use more excerpts for for moments in book two or three (or both). I think I'll use a different journal from different characters and times for excerpts in books 2 and 3. I put it just above the chapter number. It's a little bonus of information that readers won't understand completely until later.

In fact, much of it won't make sense until books 2 and 3. That's because I have a character that isn't introduced until the end of book 1 who is the only one who can shed light on what is really going on during those excerpts. I'll give her memories of reading the full journal I use for book 1 in book 2. Just little Easter eggs for my readers.

Honestly so happy that I've written this many words. I've never written a book this fast. Last time it took me most of a year to get to this point. I finished the last 20,000 words in three months with the last book. This time it's been three months and I've written a little over twice that! Progress and improvement in something you care about always feels fantastic.

Hope my little updates help brighten the day of those who take the time to read them.

❥ Stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment