Friday, June 12, 2020

Started Chapter 16 and other updates

I wrote 770 words in chapter 16 today. I only spent about 40 minutes writing. I'd continue the chapter, but honestly I'm still not feeling well. Plus I need to decide which point of view I want for the next bit. My characters are going to need to escape a situation and I haven't decided who would be best for that. I'm just happy that I managed to write today at all. If I can manage to finish the chapter this weekend I'll be really happy. However, with how weak I've been feeling (being heat sick really took a lot out of me, more than I expected) I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't manage it. My focus right now is to get feeling 100% again, and to help a friend who isn't doing well mentally.

An update from the other stuff I talked about yesterday, I sent a piece of my book to the woman I was talking about. I'm not saying her name or relation to me because I value her privacy (I write this blog under a pen name so I feel it's best to list names as little as possible). If I were to start giving substitute names for everyone I may mention in this blog I'd lose track of who's fake name belonged to who. So unfortunately for now it's all based on context.

She and her husband are going to look at the chapter I sent them and get back to me on whether they feel up to the task of helping me edit. I really hope they are up for it, but they're getting on in years and I understand if they aren't. Even if they aren't able to help it's still a step forward for me since I reached out. To me the first round of editing (the parts that the writer can't do by themselves) should be done by someone the writer trusts. It's a very vulnerable thing to send the just shy of raw copy of your book to someone. Pieces of your soul are attached to that. Sending it to someone I trust helps me feel a little safer, and hopefully will help me accept the changes they suggest.

❥ Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment