Thursday, June 11, 2020

Mostly random thoughts

I was hoping to start chapter 16 today but I got heat sick (I call it that because my symptoms aren't quite in line with heat exhaustion, but cooling myself down, drinking liquids, and resting seem to help) yesterday and don't have the energy for it. I did a little prep work and plan to start it tomorrow. It goes better if I can do a whole chapter in a day, but that's just not always possible.

I did get to talk to someone about my book and my plans for future books in this world. It was a lot of fun to discuss. Talked magic concepts, race concepts, and how the history of my world blends into how things are at the beginning of book one. I also found out that their wife would like to at least beta read the book I finished last year. As it is still being edited I'm not sure if I'll make them wait or if I'll get them to help. The problem is I really don't want to share the book with many people until I'm ready for beta readers.

I believe I'm going to email someone I know and trust to ask if they'd be interested in helping me edit my completed book. The people currently helping me aren't able to spend much time on it and so it's been dragging on for months. I've done what editing I can on my own so I think it's best if I reach out for help on this. Bonus on this blog is it helps me think some things through. Definitely going to send her a text and see if she's willing to lend a hand.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Honestly it helps to know that there are some people who like to take a minute to read my "ruminations" (thoughts/ramblings).

❥ Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment