Thursday, April 23, 2020

I was able to write today!

I was finally able to write!

My pain went down enough that I could stop taking the pain meds. They'd been making it harder to think which makes it impossible to write. I wrote 2,100 words so far today. However, these weren't in the book itself. It was all scenes from a character's past so that I could better understand the character and so I had material to draw from for flashback scenes. It was a lot of fun. I'm going to take a break from writing as my pain has flared up a little, but hopefully I'll be able to work on chapter 7 this evening.

I also need to write the past of the rest of my characters, including one that hasn't been introduced in the book yet. Depending on how I'm feeling I'll write either more of these background scenes or I'll work on chapter 7. Thinking on it I may need to do at least a brief summary of the backgrounds of all my characters before I write chapter 7 so that I can get their reactions to events in that and future chapters correct. I don't want to have to go back and rewrite scenes because I didn't know enough about my characters yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment